Wednesday, November 1, 2006

BCM Touring / Bike Nomads

Again through Orkut, while browsing through another bike community, got a link to Bike Nomads. After checking out the site and yahoo group, I was more than happy to join an experienced group like Bike Nomads.
Soon after my introduction to Bike Nomads, one nice Gentleman named Hitanshu Gandhi ;-) invited me to a meet of Bike Nomads and BCMTouring in Qutub Institutional Area on Oct. 28. Gleefully accepting the invitation, I made my way to QIA in the hunt for a responsible group of riders, who share similar riding styles and respect the road. What I got at the meet was something I never expected, met people like Yogesh Sarkar, who've done Ladakh twice...and once solo...woahhh!!! And there were others who've done a lot of riding. I was just a novice.
I fell in love with the group, for the love for bikes, travel and FOOD, it felt so good see everyone hog at the parantha's, maggi, macaroni etc at the dhaba.
At that time they all were planning for a ride to the Pushkar Camel Fair, to be held on the first weekend of November, much to my disappointment coz I wouldnt be joining them. I was to ride to Neemrana, to the Fort Palace, now a popular heritage hotel, to celebrate 5 years of my relationship with my girl friend Amrita.
Anyways all said and done, I would be riding on the 5th Nov. weekend. Not with BCM Touring though.
This is the link to the Bike Nomads Website www.bikenomads.com
and the link to BCM Touring www.bcmtouring.com

No comments: